Aasha Ko Kiran Children Project
The Aasha Ko Kiran Kindergarten has been running for several years, in a small village called Daldale close to Chitwan National Park.
Currently there are 48 children and are being educated from nursery level to first grade. Prior to this project these children did not have an opportunity to attend school until 1st or 2nd grade.
Recently the teachers have received Montessori training and are applying in the day to day schooling.
Benefits to the children:
- Intellectual stimulation
- An early exposure to English
- Nutritional lunches
- Basic hygiene practices
- Arts and crafts
- Songs and games
Vida Util has been supporting the majority of the children and the improvements of the current building, see photos top right.
In November 2010, SIS (Service in Satchidananda) donated 13000€. This money so far has;
- Built a farm and bought chickens, so they can be self sufficient with eggs for the children.
- Built a laundry room
- Purchased an Industrial washing machine
- Built new computer desks and chairs
- We will buy all children new clothes and shoes
- New renovations and a industrial washing machine was purchased. See in June Album.
Vida Util / SIS team recently returned from Nepal, Marina (Founder of Vida Util) went to visit the school and to over see the new extension that has been funded by Vida Util and to see what needs doing next.
Vida Util / SIS plan to support and raise funds to:
- Extend classes for children up to 9 years old
- Build bungalows for underprivileged women
- Support adolescents after finishing school with sponsorships or grants.
- Build a classroom for young adults to learn professional skills, such as sewing, cooking, computer technology, recycle goods; maybe open a bakery to give them their first job, etc.
- Introduce children to yoga and meditation.
All of these ideas will depend on their viability and
agreement with our counterpart in Nepal.